The Blue Ridge Chapter is comprised of an active membership. They are involved in a number of rail activities in and beyond the chapter. You will find here some of the activities in which chapter members participate:
- Rail Day on the second Saturday in August. This is the biggest and most involved annual event sponsored by the chapter.
- Program Presentations at the regular meetings held every month and at the fun meetings held every other month.
- Fall Picnic held usually in a park in Alta Vista in September.
- Christmas Dinner held in December at the (old) Train Station in Alta Vista.
- Excursions by train or to interesting train locations, especially of historical interest.
- Individual Accomplishments or Projects including book publication, rail restoration, and making historical records and photos accessible.
- Maintaining a structure of local organization which provides a gathering for people to share their rail interest: By-Laws.
- Individual Member Web Sites offer photos and information.
- New member application: Application Form